Musings, thoughts, getting through winter, and news links

Monday, December 17, 2007

Digging out the snow


Well, I am not, but the city is! What a snowfall we got yesterday - 25cm (almost a record for December in Toronto)! Still, being the winter warrior I am, I ventured out into it. Neither the streets nor the sidewalks had been plowed, but public transit was running (not efficiently, but it was running), so I headed out to the mall to do some last minute shopping. For it being a week before Christmas, the mall was empty! Hooray! I was able to get my gifts, stroll at a leisurely pace, and then hop on transit back home. By the time I arrived back to my home subway stop (at 5pm), the roads and sidewalks still had not been plowed, so I trudged through snow once again and made it home in about 20 minutes (on a good day it usually takes 10). Is winter over? It hasn't even begun, it is still technically fall! How many more days of this kind of weather can we get? I don't even want to think about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger the ginger tabby said...

I blogged about the snow, too!

3:46 PM, December 17, 2007

 
Blogger Allison said...

I did see that!

3:54 PM, December 17, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home