Musings, thoughts, getting through winter, and news links

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ultimate driving songs

Courtesy of Volvo! Yeah for all the ABBA songs! I am on an ABBA high this week after seeing Mamma Mia on Monday night. But, driving song? Dancing sure, but driving, I'm not so sure.

Why, for the most part, is the list made up of classic rock songs? Aren't there any current great driving songs? One of my favourites is "Driving Away from Home" by It's Immaterial.

Any thoughts?

Volvo’s best driving songs are:

' "Born to Run" Bruce Springsteen
' "S.O.S." ABBA
' "Ramble On" Led Zeppelin
' "Me and Bobby McGee" Janis Joplin
' "Dancing Queen" ABBA
' "Jackson" Johnny and June Carter Cash
' "Take a Chance on Me" ABBA
' "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" Meatloaf
' "Stuck in the Middle With You" Stealer's Wheel
' "Mamma Mia" ABBA
' "Born to Be Wild" Steppenwolf
' "Highway to Hell" AC/DC
' "Low Rider" War
' "Running on Empty" Jackson Browne
' "Southbound" Allman Brothers
' "Waterloo" ABBA
' "Highway 61 Blues" Bob Dylan
' "Little Deuce Coupe" The Beach Boys
' "Knowing Me, Knowing You" ABBA
' "Drive My Car" The Beatles
' "On the Road Again" Willie Nelson

2 Comments:

Blogger the ginger tabby said...

Born to Run - agreed. Not sure about the ABBA songs, though. They're more dancing songs.

11:09 PM, July 26, 2008

 
Blogger the ginger tabby said...

I would say that my fave driving song is Driving Away From Home. I found it on YouTube and I'm listening to it right now :) You introduced me to it on one of our road trips. Great song. Perfect for those long rides!

11:13 PM, July 26, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home