Planeterra - Women's Weaving Project

I recently had the opportunity to visit Peru, and had a chance to visit one of the projects funded by GAP Adventures. Comparing it to other communities in Peru, I could see that it was more prosperous and successful, and that the money was put to good use. The community was self supporting, with their own heard of llamas and alpacas, the buildings were in good repair, and the pride in their community showed in their handiwork, which was beautiful, competitively priced, and of better quality than some of the products I saw in other locales.

3 Comments:
Nice to hear that GAP Adventures is funding endeavours like that.
Nice gloves :)
I retract what I said earlier...your blog is not just an entertainment blog...two non-entertainment entries today. (not that I dislike entertainment - esp if it's about gerry)
4:00 PM, June 24, 2008
that's where your gloves and hat came from!
12:44 PM, June 25, 2008
I know - that's why I said, "nice gloves" ;)
thanks
3:17 PM, June 26, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home