Musings, thoughts, getting through winter, and news links

Friday, August 03, 2007

Hottest days of the year!

Well, summer finally arrived during this last week of July/first week of August. Yesterday would probably take the prize as the hottest day of the year. The high was 34, and the humidex made it feel well into the 40's!

Stay cool! Eat lots of Gelato! I have discovered an excellent gelatiere in my neighbourhood called, Il Gelatiere. Every time I drove or walked by there was, inevitably, a line-up snaking around the store no matter the time, and it has only been open for one month. Hmmm....I knew I had to investigate. The owners are from Italy, so the gelato tastes very authentic (caveat - I have never visited Italy). The flare with which the servers present their product add to this authenticity. Instead of using regular run of the mill ice cream scoops, the servers use a spatula-like contraption to effortlessly scoop up the gelato from the tub, and then swirl it onto the cone with such flare. This whole process reminded me of a bricklayer using his/her trowel to take the mortar and spread into onto the brick. And last but not least, the gelato is fantastic. I have dreams about the liquirizia gelato! It is to die for. It will keep me going back again and again and again. I have visited twice already!

2 Comments:

Blogger the ginger tabby said...

So you have tried it already...glad you like it. I must try it one day, soon!

1:16 PM, August 03, 2007

 
Blogger Allison said...

I have been twice in the last 2 weeks. It's amazing! Way better than Hollywood.

4:19 PM, August 03, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home