Movies and music
Well, I am fully recovered from TIFF now. It was a busy September - movies, birthday, trips! Ahhh...well, we are now into the throngs of autumn now. It's a cool and rainy day in Toronto, and I'm listening to my ipod - Refugees by the Tears. Glad that Brett and Richard patched up their differences. Let's hope for another album.
I'm disappointed that the Scissor Sisters show didn't happen last night. I hope to see them when the show is rescheduled. I don't mind the new album, but no one song stands out like Comfortably Numb (from the first album) did. Oh well. You can't expect lightning to strike twice, can you?
Instead of seeing a concert I began to watch the movie Kind Hearts and Coronets . An excellent black comedy featuring Alec Guiness (Obi-Wan) performing eight different roles! I have a few of his older Ealing comedies coming in the next few weeks. I can't believe how much I am enjoying this film. In the role of Louis Mazzini, Dennis Price plays a scheming cousin who has been disinherited from the D'ascoyne riches because his mother ran off with an opera singer (a man of lower standing) and was disowned by her family. Well, Louis decides that he deserves a chance to become Duke of the manor and takes matters into his own hands (by any means possible). This involves doing away with each of the 8 remaining members of the D'ascoyne clan (Alec Guiness).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home